What’s in the box?
Things I Love
Some of my other favourite features:
- The Shark has a 8 metre cord meaning I am able to vacuum the whole of the upstairs without needing to constantly plug and unplug the vacuum!
- It also has headlights, which at first I thought were a bit of a novelty but actually do highlight anything smaller that you might otherwise not have noticed
View this post on Instagram
*TIDY HOME, TIDY MIND* As you know I’ve been hard at work decluttering using the KonMari method & I’ve also been sticking to a regular cleaning schedule from @the_organised_mum. Then two weeks ago my vacuum cleaner broke! 😫 Thankfully today a new one arrived from @sharkcleanuk so I’ve spent some of the afternoon getting the house back up to standard! First impressions are excellent and it even has headlights! Review coming soon. #ad
- It has two settings which enable to it to vacuum effectively on both carpets and hard flooring, and I’ve found it effective on both.
- You can also vary the suction level depending on your preference – I mostly have it on maximum suction!
- It is really easy to empty the dust cup – just detach from the vacuum and empty in to the bin. Like any bagless vacuum cleaners, this can cause a bit of a dust cloud, but if you lower it in to the bin before you open the cup, this isn’t a problem.
- The Shark Powered Lift-Away can be bought with or without the True Pet attachment. Although we don’t have pets, I often use this attachment on our stairs and it picks up dust and hair very well.
Areas for Improvement
- Lets get the biggest one out of the way first. After one month, my vacuum overheated and ceased working. WAIT! Don’t go. It has a happy ending. The Shark Powered Lift-Away has a 5 year guarantee and when I rung them, Shark were extremely helpful. They had no problem in collecting the original and sending a replacement, and this had been sorted within a few days. I’ve had the current model for two months now and it’s been great!
- At 6.3kg, I do find the Lift-Away quite heavy. However, while you couldn’t call it a ‘lightweight’ vacuum cleaner, the fact that you can detach the pod and the handle when needed means that it can be converted in to a much lighter vacuum when necessary! As I’ve mentioned before, this is great for awkward areas such as the stairs.
- I do sometimes think the handle could be a little more ergonomically designed – it’s not always the most comfortable to hold. I would also love if there was a space on the vacuum to keep the True Pet attachment – there are spaces for the upholstery and wand attachments but not for the True Pet. However, these are both tiny niggles, and certainly not deal breakers!